Tuesday 20 January 2009




It's been so long sice I posted so apologies for that but one of the reasons seems to be that Sam is taking after his mummy as a baby and not doing much in the way of day sleeping - just the occasional 'powernap' during which I get stuff done in the house while I can!




Christmas and New Year were great this year with an occasional moment when my heart ached when I remembered my nanan wasn't around. However my nanan would've gone mad if she thought we were being miserable over Christmas because it was a time she loved. Although Sam is so young he seemed to enjoy himself judging by the amount of smiles and giggles we have been receiving. He was shameless dressed up by me too - a shepherd for his first Christmas party and a full Santa outfit on Christmas day (oh yes!)




My favourite thing at Christmas has to be spending such great time with family. We spent Christmas day with my parents, sister and brother-in-law and it was lovely. Just relaxing together and being a family. I really appreciate how fortuanate I am. On Boxing day we went over to Pete's family and stayed there until New Year.




This brings me on to my next hero. My mother-in-law. I hear so many people complain about their mother-in-law. During these conversations I sit back all smug as mine is a legend! She is one of the kindest, most hospitable and caring people I have ever met. She is a fantastic grandma and Sam loves her - he seems to save great smiles for his grandparents. We went on holiday together last May and it was a fantastic week where we relaxed, really got to know about each other, prayed together, read together, lounged around on a beach together and ate great food together. That is one of my favourite holidays and just what I needed at 20 something weeks pregnant just when I was feel tired and uncomfortable. Praying with her was an important part of that holiday for me as I get nervous praying with others sometimes and with her I was comfortable straight away. That is something special to me,


My mother-in-law was amazing when I had Sam. I was on crutches for a few weeks and was really scared about Pete going back to work because I was worried about my mobility with Sam - would I drop him if I lost balance etc. My mother-in-law came over and stayed with us for week and cooked and cleaned and spent time with me and got to know Sam. It really took the pressure off us and allowed us all to enjoy those first precious weeks. My mother-in-law opens her home to so many people and as for her cooking - mmmmmmmm! I really look up to her and am so thankful to her for raising my pretty perfect husband.


No comments: